- Geographical Information Sciences (GIScience)
- Spatiotemporal Data Modelling
- Geocomputational Methods in GIS and WebGIS
- Remote Sensing Application
- Weibo Liu, Xingong Li, and David Rahn. Storm event representation and analysis based on a directed spatiotemporal graph model. University Consortium for Geographic Information Science 2015 Symposium, May 28-30, 2015, Alexandria, Virginia.
- Weibo Liu, Kyle Purdon, Trey Stafford and John Paden. Development of a Web GIS Application for Cryosphere Community based on Open Source Software Tools. The Association of American Geographers 111th Annual Meeting, April 21-25, 2015, Chicago, Illinois.
- Weibo Liu and Xingong Li. A Spatiotemporal Graph Model for Rainfall Event Identification and Representation. The Association of American Geographers 110th Annual Meeting, April 08-12, 2014, Tampa, Florida.
- Weibo Liu, Johannes Feddema, Nate Brunsell, and Leiqiu Hu. Seasonal and Diurnal Characteristics of Land Surface Temperature and Major Explanatory Factors in Harris County, Texas. The Association of American Geographers 110th Annual Meeting, April 08-12, 2014, Tampa, Florida.
- Weibo Liu. Rainstorm Identification and Characterization from NEXRAD Data. The 12th Annual GIS Day of University of Kansas, November 20, 2013, Lawrence, Kansas.
- Weibo Liu and Xingong Li. Event Identification, Representation, and Exploration in Spatiotemporal Precipitation Data. University Consortium for Geographic Information Science 2013 Symposium, May 21-23, 2013, Washington D. C.
- Weibo Liu, Johannes Feddema, Ashley Zung, Nate Brunsell, and Leiqiu Hu. Effect of Urban Morphology and Thermal Properties on Heat Island Intensity. The Association of American Geographers 109th Annual Meeting, April 09-13, 2013, Los Angeles, California.
- Weibo Liu and Johannes Feddema. Database of building properties for Houston. System for Integrated Modeling of Metropolitan Extreme Heat Risk (SIMMER), 3rd Annual Project Workshop, October 09-10, 2012, Boulder, Colorado.
- Johannes Feddema, Weibo Liu and Ashley Zung. Houston Urban Land Use/Land Cover Data Set. System for Integrated Modeling of Metropolitan Extreme Heat Risk (SIMMER), 2nd Annual Project Workshop, October 10-11, 2011, Boulder, Colorado.
- Weibo Liu. The Research on Geology 3D Visualization Technology Based on Seismic Interpretation Results. The 26th Annual Conference for Chinese Geophysical Society, October 12-14, 2010, Hefei, China.
- Weibo Liu. 3D Visualization Development Using Open Inventor. Key Technologies for Digital Oil-gas Field Workshop, April 2-5, 2010, Qingdao, China.
- 2012-present Association of American Geographers (AAG)